The ReSound LiNX "Made For iPhone" hearing aid is NOW AVAILABLE, and there is huge excitement about the World's first iPhone-compatible hearing aid. In other words, ReSound have the first hearing aid that Links directly to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch without the need for any other wireless gadgets.
I have been fitting them this week, and the response I am getting from my clients is amazing - they are so small, light and comfortable to wear, and the sound quality is out of this world. One lady, who was already wearing a pair of expensive Completely In The Canal hearing aids, purchased a pair of ReSound LiNX 9's on the spot, saying she could hardly feel they were in her ears, and the sound was clear and natural.
For such easy to use high technology, iPhone, iPad, iPod and Macbook fans are used to paying a premium price over competing products such as Android handsets and PC laptops. The sheer joy of Apple products is that they just work - effortlessly, and they connect to each other - again, effortlessly.
ReSound LiNX UK Price
With that in mind, the ReSound LiNX is available at a slight price premium over their existing wireless model, the Verso. The best price you can find the ReSound Verso in the UK is currently £995 to £1595 per aid, depending on technology level
A Brief History Of Wireless Hearing Aids
Older models from ReSound and other manufacturers required an extra wireless gadget to convert the Bluetooth wireless protocol (or language) to the different proprietary wireless protocols of each manufacturer. Until Bluetooth 4.0, also known as Bluetooth Low Energy or BLE, came along, Bluetooth was a quite a power drain, especially for a hearing aid with small batteries. Different wireless protocols developed due to the competition within the hearing industry as each manufacturer attempted to do a better job of correcting hearing loss than their competitors.
A Leading Standard In Bluetooth Wireless Technology
It is much like the computer industry up until the 1980s, when it needed two strong companies, Microsoft and IBM, to establish a standard that all other computer companies could share. Even with the 2.4 GHz Bluetooth 4.0 hardware on board, there would be no guarantee that mobile handsets would talk to hearing aids - they have to be using the same protocol (that is, speaking the same language) to do that. So it took mobile industry veteran Apple to put the necessary hardware in their iPhone handsets, iPad tablets, and iPod touch music players... AND devise a protocol (language) for an appropriately-equipped hearing aid to connect to these devices. This is the MFi or Made For iPhone / iPad / iPod touch standard. As GN ReSound were already using 2.4 GHz wireless in their first generation Alera and second generation Verso products, it was an obvious match for Apple and GN ReSound to work together.
What Can Wireless Do For You?
Industry leading light GN ReSound are the first hearing aid manufacturer to bring out a Made For iPhone hearing aid, the ReSound LiNX, which can effortlessly connect with your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Imagine what you will be able to do once you have connected:
- First, you can listen to music on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with the sound going directly to your ReSound LiNX aids.
- Second, you can watch videos, again with the sound going directly into your ReSound LiNX hearing aids - no need for separate headphones or wires!
- Third, you will be able to enjoy Facetime video calls with the sound going directly into your ears via your ReSound LiNX hearing aids.
- Fourth, you can at last have handsfree phone conversations on your iPhone without the need for a separate Bluetooth headset, intermediate Bluetooth "translator" device, or headphones, as the sound will reach your ears directly via your ReSound LiNX instruments.
- Fifth, you can adjust the volume and tone of your ReSound LiNX aids using the free ReSound Smart App available from the App Store.
- Sixth, using the Smart App, you can tell the hearing aids to change settings depending on various places you visit, such as your favourite restaurant, cafe, or concert hall!
- Seventh, eighth, ninth and beyond, you will be able to hear the trainer's voice in your fitness app while you exercise at the gym or head out for a run, learn a new language, listen to news or internet radio, or indeed connect with thousands of apps available from the App Store. The possibilities are endless - where will your imagination lead you?
Other Features Of ReSound LiNX
Binaural Fusion™ technology
Binaural Environmental Optimizer™ II
Surround Sound by ReSound™
Is our digital sound processing strategy that models, cleans, balances and stabilizes sound to give the user a true-to-life listening experience.
DFS Ultra™ II with Music Mode™
Precisely suppresses feedback and provides more thorough sound input analysis, giving users a clearer, richer, distortion-free listening experience, even in demanding situations such as listening to music.
Uses wireless communication to adjust settings in both hearing aids asymmetrically when a phone is in use, so users can focus fully on their phone conversations and still be aware of what’s going on around them.
Coordinates switching between directional and omnidirectional modes simultaneously between the two hearing aids, for a seamless hearing experience.
Synchronized Push Button and Synchronized Volume Control
2.4 GHz wireless technology
Directional Mix Processing™
Noise Tracker™ II
Which Model Is Right For You? LinX 9 or LiNX 7?
Book A Demo Now
If you live in or around London, I can arrange a home demonstration of the ReSound LiNX for you. However, if you live outside this area, don't worry - I have a network of trusted and experienced colleagues, trained in fitting ReSound products, who can arrange a home demonstration in your area.